Many consider Whey Protein Concentrate as the economical source of protein, great for athletes with low budgets, or those who need large amounts of protein every day.
Please note: Due to the high percentage of protein in our WPC powder, it won't taste as good as other protein products on today's market that are highly flavored and sweetened. Our Whey Protein Concentrate has NO flavors and NO sweeteners - it's merely 100% Pure Whey, of which more than 80% is the quality protein. Of course you can add any flavors and/or sweeteners of your choice (such as vanilla, cloves, ginger root, cyclamate sweeteners, etc.).
2. Don't eat dry WPC. This goes for any fine powder and can be DANGEROUS by causing you to choke or gag due to its moisture-absorbing action. For instance, don't toss it on cereal. WPC must first be stirred in with enough liquid to allow for considerable absorption.
So then, how much WPC is recommended. Some suppliers suggest 30 grams per
day for athletes, (and from 40 to 60 grams per day for cancer patients -
who don't need constipation to add to their problems). One (we think
"irresponsible") supplier states: "A reliable gauge for proper protein
intake is approximately 1 gram per pound of body weight. Athletes and
bodybuilders need even greater amounts of protein than do
non-athletes". Thus a 110-pound (50 Kg) girl is instructed to take 110
grams of WPC per day - that's about 60 (!!) slightly rounded teaspoons per
day - more than 4 times the amount that can easily constipate a grown
man!! Avoiding constipation is one of the most basic goals of good health.
The importance of the regular elimination of soft stools just cannot be
overemphasized. Please refer to the ten important tips to avoid
To acquire the health benefits of WPC, and to avoid the risks, our recommendations are:
1. Be aware of the risks of constipation, listed at
(Drug addict Elvis
Presley died while straining at the
2. Start modestly. For instance, try just a slightly rounded teaspoon (about 2 grams), a few times per day, always with ample fluid.
3. This fluid should be water, fruit juice, or a vegetable juice - never a dairy product. If soup, it should be watery - not a thick soup.
4. If taken with meals, take with your low-protein meals - no sense compounding the risk. Anyway, it's best to balance your meals.
5. Relate your tendency for constipation with your WPC intake. Non-soft stools will require a change of diet and a decreased WPC intake.
6. Other variables, such as your general health, activity, your normal morning bowel status, your own susceptibility to constipation, your weight, total food intake, roughage (fiber) intake, exercise, vitamin C intake (Linus Pauling took 10 grams in the morning for its laxative effect.), all enter into the final determination of your WPC intake.
Mix a slightly rounded teaspoon (2 grams) of Whey Protein Concentrate with a 1/2 glass (or more) of water, or fruit or vegetable juices, not milk. Take with or between meals, 2 to 3 times a day, with plenty of fluids, not milk. Carefully monitor any tendency toward constipation. If so, then more water, more exercise, and less Whey. Never, ever, strain at the stool!
Essential Amino Acids
Isoleucine 6% Leucine 12% Lysine 11% Methionine 2% Phenylalanine 4% Threonine 8% Tryptophan 2% Valine 6%
Non-Essential Amino Acids
Alanine 5% Arginine 3% Aspartic Acid 9% Cystine/Cysteine 3% Glutamic Acid 15% Glycine 2% Histidine 2% Proline 5% Serine 4% Tyrosine 3%
Serving size: 1 oz.= 28.4 grams Protein (dry basis) 23.0 grams (81%) Total Carbohydrates 2.0 grams Dietary Fiber 0 Sugars (as Lactose) 2.0 grams Total Fat 2.0 grams Saturated Fat 1.2 grams Cholesterol 65 milligrams Energy 110 calories (Kcal) Energy from Fat 18 calories (Kcal) Potassium 160 milligrams Sodium 55 milligrams Calcium 110 milligrams Vitamin A 200 I.U.
WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE
100% PREMIUM QUALITY 80% PROTEIN
2 pounds . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 19 WHEY2 10 pounds . . . (Canada: US$79) . . . . . $ 69 WHEY10
Prices include shipping to US and Canada.
Deduct 6% for orders $60 or over.
Illinois residents please add 9% tax.
US&Canada: 800 325 2664
Foreign: +1 847 485 8769
Worldwide FAX: +1 847 241 0077
(Click here for full product list)
© 2005 Oscar Falconi
PO Box 1848
Palatine IL 60078